KSU Choral Ensembles are open to undergraduate and graduate students of any major.
Interested in joining a choir this spring?
Email Dr. Scott MacPherson at email@example.com for information on how to join!
KSU Choral Reception
Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2019, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Student Center Ballroom, Room 306ABC
All students interested in joining a KSU Choir should plan to attend! Learn more about each ensemble, meet faculty, directors and sign up for your audition. Light refreshments will also be served.
Voice placement audition Information
Chorale, Coro Cantare, Cantique
- Who should audition: Anyone interested in joining one of these choirs needs to audition for placement.
- When are auditions: Thursday, August 22 and Friday, August 23.
- Results: Students will be placed in the ensemble that best fits their abilities based on the voice placement audition.
- Click here to sign-up for your placement audition
Gospel Choir and Kent Chorus
- Placement auditions will be held during the first rehearsal for Gospel Choir (Aug. 26) and Kent Chorus (Aug. 27).
Here’s what you’ll do for the audition
- Vocalizing to assess tone quality and range
- Aural skills exercises such as pitch matching and melodic memory
- Rhythm reading
- No need to bring a prepared song!
Nova Jazz Singers
- Auditions are held with Dr. Chris Venesile. For more information about joining, please visit their page here.
- Don’t stop singing over the summer, keep using your voice!
- Do the vocal exercises you’ve done with previous choirs.
- Practice pitch matching. Play three notes and match each.
- Play a four-note melody and sing it back.
- Practice sight-reading and rhythm skills.
- A little bit of practice will go a long way!
- WARM UP! It is important that your voice is warmed up before you audition.
- Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes early to fill out an audition form.
- If you need to change your audition, please remove your reserved time on the online form and then set a new time.
- Placement audition results will be emailed to you by Wednesday at 5 p.m.
Leave room in your schedule for the choir of your choice. You can register after the audition results are announced.