A Vibrant Community of String Players Led by Dedicated Artist-Teacher Specialists
Intensive guidance and mentorship from members of The Cleveland Orchestra, Verve Chamber Players and many other premier Northeast Ohio orchestras and chamber ensembles.
|Jung-Min Amy Lee, violin||Eunho Kim, violin and viola|
|Joanna Patterson Zakany, viola||Si-Yan Darren Li, cello|
|Bryan Thomas, double bass|
Lesson and Classes
- Lessons with dedicated artist-teachers
- Studio classes to perform and learn from your peers
- Chamber music and collaborative coaching
- Music history and theory classes add depth and enhance understanding of the music studied
From orchestral to chamber music to solo, students have numerous opportunities to test the skills and repertoire they have been working on.
- Required of all music majors and graduate students, recitals are a vital part of musical study. To prepare for this, students can perform in weekly studio classes, the Student Recital Series and the Performing Arts Library Open Mic days.
- Training in orchestral performance is an integral part of study at Kent State University. The Kent State University Orchestra performs a five to eight concert subscription series a year. Its repertoire is diverse, spanning from the Classical era to the 21st Century. The orchestra also performs with the KSU Opera every other year in fully staged productions and the Kent State Choirs every year.
- Coached by members of the Verve Chamber Players, Omni String Quartet and The Cleveland Orchestra, chamber music is a vital part of string study at Kent State. From quartets to trios to duos, students will learn the skills necessary to work with other musicians in a more intimate setting.
- Students also have numerous opportunities to perform on and off-campus in area orchestras and chamber groups.
In addition to these chamber music opportunities, we offer a highly selective MM in Chamber Music for pre-formed string quartets.
Degrees and Programs Offered
|B.A. Music Major||B.M. in Composition|
|B.M. Music Education||B.M. in Performance|
|M.M. in Performance||M.M. in Performance: Chamber Music|
|Music Minor||Jazz Studies Minor|
|World Music Minor||Arts Entrepreneurship Minor|
Questions or Want More Information?
firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-2878