Learn About all the Opportunities to Visit the Glauser School and Kent State
From our Visit Day and Sample Lesson programs to University Admission events and College Fairs, there are many ways to get a picture of you life as a Golden Flash.
Join us for a day dedicated to you! Learn more about the Glauser School, majors, ensembles and more.
- Current High School Students
- Prospective College Transfer Students
Glauser School Information Session Registration
Your Visit Will Include
10 a.m. Morning Campus Tour with Admissions Office
Noon: Lunch on your own (we recommend the Design Innovation Hub!)
1:00 p.m.: Meet with School of Music, College of the Arts and academic program representatives.
2:00 p.m.: Release for the day
Dr. LeAnn Starlin Nilsson
email@example.com | 330-672-8392
Plan your visit to the School of Music!
A (virtual) day created just for you to learn more about music study in the Glauser School of Music on the Kent Campus.
Open to Prospective:
- High school juniors and seniors
- College transfer students
- Graduate students
Your Virtual Visit will Include:
- A conversation with our Recruitment Coordinator and a Glauser School faculty member in you area of interest.
- Virtual tour of the School of Music, including photos and videos of classes and performances.
- An opportunity to ask any all question you may have!
- Discussion of degrees and programs to help find the right fit here at Glauser School.
Questions or issues with the form?
firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-2172
Request a free sample lesson with a member of our applied faculty!
A sample lesson is great way to get to know your future teacher and gather insight into what music study at Kent State is all about.
Who can request a sample lesson?
- Any prospective music major or minor.
- Any Kent State student who majors in something other than music who is interested in taking applied lessons while enrolled at Kent State.
- Please note that all sample lessons are currently only offered virtually.
How it Works
- Fill out our simple form here.
- Once you click submit, you and the faculty member(s) you request a sample lesson from will receive an email.
- The faculty member(s) you request will then reach out to you to set up your personal sample lesson.
- If you have more than one area of applied study (ex: voice and piano) and want a sample lesson in both, please fill out the form for each applied area you're interested in.
Areas We Offer specialized applied study
- Jazz Studies
Explore what Kent State University has to offer!
As a high school junioe, engage with us virtually to discover what makes us forward-focused and how to become our next Golden Flash. During the day, you'll connect with the Admissions Office and Student Financial Aid, learning about important timelines for admission, financial aid and scholarships. You'll also have the opportunity to chat with current Kent State students, view our awesome campus and explore our vast and unique academic programs.
Daily Campus Tour
Whether you are an admitted student or someone who is just starting your college search, we are excited to share with you and your family what makes us undeniably Kent State -- from our vast and unique academic programs to our world-class faculty to our truly beautiful campus, you'll soon see that you belong here!
Transfer Student Visits
Each year more than 1,500 students transfer to Kent State University to complete their education. Whether you have completed a semester, an associate degree, transitioning from a Kent State regional campus or attended a number of colleges, we want you to become the next Golden Flash!
Looking for More?
Check out all the opportunities offered by Undergraduate Admissions to learn more about Kent State University.
Be on the lookout for us in a city near you!
We visit a select number of conferences and college fairs every year.
Check back for our return to the road in fall 2021!