Orff Levels 1, 2, & 3
Study the materials and techniques of the Orff Schulwerk approach to music learning. Students will engage in singing, playing recorder, playing percussion, movement, and basic Orff pedagogy in this comprehensive approach to music instruction for children. These courses are offered in conjunction with the American Orff Schulwerk Association.
- Dates: June 27-July 8 (no classes on July 3 & 4)
- Instructors: Lennie Davis, Kristine Sharp Wolfe, Michelle Fella Przybylowski, Fauna Woolfe, Laura Webster
- Registration: MUS 50295, Sections 1, 2, & 3
Jazz Pedagogy and Performance
Learn to play and teach jazz with a special emphasis on improvisation.
- Dates: July 11-15
- Instructor: Bobby Selvaggio and Sam Al-Hadid
- Registration: MUS 50295 Section 4
This will be an introductory level course aimed at practicing music teachers, studio teachers, and conductors who want to strengthen their practice by studying the Dalcroze principles of eurhythmics, solfege, and piano improvisation. This course is offered in conjunction with the American Eurhythmics Society.
- Dates: July 18-22
- Instructors: David Frego and Marla Butke
- Registration: MUS 50295 Section 6