Orff Levels 1, 2, & 3
Study the materials and techniques of the Orff Schulwerk method of music teaching. Students will learn from experts in singing, performing on instruments, and movement in this comprehensive approach to music instruction for children.
- Dates: June 14-25 (no classes on the weekend)
- Coordinator/Instructor: Dr. Butch Marshall
- Guest Instructors: Manju Durauraj, Kristine Wolfe, Chelsea Thiel, Laura Webster
- Registration: MUS 50295, Sections 1, 2, & 3
Music Learning Theory
Focus on the Music Learning Theory created by Edwin Gordon. Students will learn about audiation and a sequential approach to developing musicianship.
- Dates: June 28-July 9 (no classes on the weekend)
- Instructor: Dr. Butch Marshall
- Registration: MUS 50295 Section 4
Rock Band Performance & Pedagogy
Students will learn to perform in and teach rock ensembles and the associated instruments. Also featured will be lessons on composing, improvising, and organizing rock ensembles in schools.
- Dates: July 10-16 (including weekend days)
- Instructors: Dr. Jay Dorfman and Mr. Kevin Coyne
- Registration: MUS 53264