GRADUATE STUDENT CONSULTATION PROGRAM
Welcome to our Graduate Student Consultation program! We are graduate students helping graduate students!
Our trained Graduate Consultants are prepared to work with graduate students in any discipline over the course of their time in their program.
Our Summer 2022 our Graduate Writing Consultants are ready to work with you. Look for them on our appointment scheduler.
Use the link below to self-schedule with Brittany, Jacob, or Jaimeson!
You can also call the Writing Commons at 330-672-1787 and we will schedule your consultation for you. Remote consultations are also available. Call today!
Workshop on Workflows:
Organizing Literature Review Notes Using the Free Software Obsidian
Friday, April 15, 10:00am–11:30pm Satterfield Hall, Room 118
For more information, download the pdf.
WHAT WE DO
Our mission is to help writers...
- Stay productive during the entire writing process
- Set appropriate goals
- Develop revision and editing skills
- Offer helpful feedback on clarity, conciseness, etc.
- Craft convincing arguments
- Develop research strategies
- Connect with statistical consultants, librarians, etc.
- Understand grammar and punctuation
- Navigate MLA, APA, and other documentation styles
We can help...
- Graduate students at any stage of the writing process
- Both non-native and native-English speakers
We can help with any type of writing, including:
- Theses and dissertations
- Capstone projects
- Resumes and Cover letters
- Research papers
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can the Writing Commons help me with my thesis/dissertation?
We can help! We can help with any project, but there is a time limit. All sessions are 45 minutes long, and only one session is allowed per day. We advise scheduling multiple sessions over time during the writing process for long or very complex projects. Our Graduate Consultants are prepared to work with graduate students in any discipline over the course of their time in the program.
How does the feedback I receive at the Writing Commons compare to that of my Departmental/Faculty Advisor?
We can . . .
- Give you an outside reader perspective on your work.
- Help you to apply editing and punctuation conventions.
- Support you as you practice documentation formats.
- Connect you with additional resources: software, statistics, librarians
Your Thesis Advisor / Dissertation Director can . . .
- Evaluate your research question.
- Evaluate the quality of your research.
Graduate Consultation Hours for Spring 2022
Monday through Friday 11AM - 6PM, January 25 through May 3, 2022.
Hours are dependent on the Consultants available and are unique for each day. Remote options are available.