Spring Hours: January 23 - May 2, 2023
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday - 9AM - 9PM
- Thursday and Friday - 9AM - 5PM
- Saturday - 12 noon - 5PM
- Sunday - 3PM - 9PM
We Offer Four Session Types
- Choose "In Person Appointment" session for a face to face session with a writing consultant at our location on the 4th floor of the library.
- Choose "Live Video Chat" session for a video conference session with a writing consultant, using your Kent State University Google Meet application.
- Choose a "Live-Text Chat" session to chat with your writing consultant using your Kent State University Google Hangouts chat tool.
- Or send your work to the Writing Commons for Email Feedback from your writing consultant.
All student writers can benefit from the feedback and support the Writing Commons provides. Visit us to see how we can help you!
For Students, By Students
The Writing Commons is staffed by undergraduate students from a variety of majors who know the struggle you are going through. Whether you are having trouble brainstorming for your first essay, formatting your lab report, organizing your creative work, or revising your thesis, our writing consultants can help.
"Maybe in a perfect world, all writers would have their own ready auditor... who would not only listen but draw them out, ask them questions they would not think to ask themselves. A writing center is an institutional response to this need."- Stephen M. North, "The Idea of a Writing Center." College English 46.5 (1984): 433-46.Schedule an Appointment
Spring 2023 Hours, January 23 - May 2, 2023
Sunday, 3PM - 9PM
Monday, 9AM - 9PM
Tuesday, 9AM - 9PM
Wednesday, 9AM - 9PM
Thursday, 9AM - 5PM
Friday, 9AM - 5PM
Saturday, 12 noon - 5PM
Instagram: @kentstatewritingcommons Facebook: @ksuwc
Tik Tok: @kentstatewritingcommons
Please note: When classes are not in session, the Writing Commons is closed. When weather or other emergencies cause the Kent campus to delay or cancel classes on the Kent campus, the Writing Commons closes.
The Writing Commons is located on the 4th floor of the University Library, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio campus. Simply take a left out of the stairwell or two lefts off the elevator to find us.