As a full-service survey facility, the Survey Research Laboratory offers a complete range of services to assist with your data collection project. These services include aspects of questionnaire development and design as well as telephone, online, and mail data collection methods (and mixed-mode approaches combining two or all three of these). The Survey Research Lab offers survey programming at the basic, intermediate, and advanced levels (e.g., randomized “back” button programming, multi-tiered experimental conditions, and other complex logic skip patterns). For a wide variety of assessment projects within Kent State University (Dean Reviews, Departmental Chair Reviews, faculty project surveys, Student Media Services, KSU graduate services, etc.), the Survey Research Lab is often considered the “go to” survey center.
For a typical data collection project we offer the following:
- Questionnaire development
- Cognitive testing
- Demo online version of your survey
- Interviewer training for your phone project
- Fully annotated data file (available in most formats including Excel, SPSS, STATA, and SAS)
- Survey codebook replete with question logic
- Methodology Report (as needed)
- Findings Report (as needed)
We are also able to collect sensitive “personal health information” (PHI) on HIPAA compliant servers.