Costs/Financial Aid/Staff Benefits FAQ | Summer Sessions | Kent State University

Costs/Financial Aid/Staff Benefits FAQ

What will it cost to take a class at Kent State this summer?

You can find the general tuition tables on the Bursar's website.

We can help you determine what a specific course will cost but will need to know:  

  • Are you an Ohio resident?
  • Is the class face-to-face or online?
  • Is it a graduate or undergraduate level course?
  • is the class offered at (or, in the case of full online courses, through) the Kent campus -- abbreviated as KC in the Schedule of Classes, or one of Kent State's regional campuses -- abbreviated as TR, AC, ST, TU, GC, EL, SA, in the Schedule of Classes. 
    • If at one of the regional campuses, is it a lower division (1000 or 2000 level) or upper division (3000 or 4000 level) course?

This will enable us to estimate the tuition, and if appropriate, distance learning fees, but not any additional costs such as lab or material fees. 

One of my parents is employed by Kent State. Will I be able to use his/her tuition benefits to take Summer classes?

Yes, assuming you and your parent meet the criteria for dependent tuition benefits. For more information on accessing tuition waiver benefits visit this link or contact the Benefits Department at 330-672-3107 or

Can I get financial aid for Summer classes?

If you are a Kent State student, you must complete the Summer Aid Form available on the Student Financial website. 

If Kent State is not your home institution, you may not be eligible for aid but can contact the Student Financial Aid office at 330-672-2971 for more information. 

Can I use veteran’s benefits to cover the cost of Summer classes?