The office of University Orientation is dedicated to supporting your transition to Kent State University as well as your academic success. This is an exciting time and we want to ensure you have a welcoming and informative introduction to the campus as a new Golden Flash!
Registration for transfer students admitted for Spring 2024 will be available on October 1, 2023. Admitted students will receive an invitation to sign up in their personal email or they can log in to their applicant portal to access TKS registration
TRANSFER STUDENT ORIENTATION EXPERIENCE CONSISTS OF:
TKS is a required, full day, in-person orientation that includes advising and course registration.
TKS KickStart are required online pre-orientation modules customized for transfer students.
Visit Canvas and complete the TKS KickStart modules. It is strongly encouraged to complete all modules before your scheduled TKS date.
The modules will introduce you to important resources such as:
- preparing for your TKS advising appointment
- financial aid and scholarship information, technology requirements
- opportunities for campus involvement and leadership.
Use your Flashline credentials to log in to Canvas using the link below. If you are unfamiliar with Canvas, please visit https://www.kent.edu/canvas for detailed information.
All incoming transfer students are required to attend one of the following TKS dates:
- Monday, November 20, 2023 | KIVA
- Saturday, December 2, 2023 | Design Innovation (DI) Hub
- Monday, December 18, 2023 | Design Innovation (DI) Hub
- Monday, January 8, 2024 | Design Innovation (DI) Hub
Prior to your scheduled TKS date:
Begin completing your TKS KickStart modules.
It is strongly encouraged to complete all modules before your scheduled TKS date.
You can refer back to TKS KickStart at any time throughout your entire first year as needed.
Review your Graduation Planning System (GPS) degree audit in your Flashline account.
Complete all required placement assessments indicated by your student checklist.
If you need to change your major, call the Admissions office at 1-800-988-KENT.
Upload your photo for your Flashcard (KSU ID).
- Print out this parking pass and fill in the date of your TKS visit.
- Park in the Kent State Student Center Parking Lot.
- Look for the TKS signs and orientation leaders to find the TKS check-in that will be held in the Kent State Student Center.
- Show the parking pass to the attendant when you exit the lot for the day.
Kent State University is committed to student success.
Programs that require math and/or foreign language will require students to complete a placement assessment (personal calculators are not permitted). See your Next Steps Checklist in Flashline for assistance in determining which placements are required.