Scholar of Distinction
The Scholar of Distinction is an Upward Bound initiative that encourages students to excel beyond the minimum program qualifications. In order to be designated a Scholar of Distinction, Upward Bound students must meet at least three of the following criteria:
- Attained a 3.255 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Earned a 23 Composite score on the ACT or a 1070 on the SAT (Critical Reading+Math).
- Maintained attendance in two Upward Bound Summer Institutes.
- Completed 100 Volunteer Community Service Hours.
- Non-negotiable criterion: Shown an excellent record of behavior in and out of school.