- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Glyphix is an award-winning student-staffed design studio within the School of Visual Communication Design, located in Downtown Kent, Ohio.
Glyphix provides a professional atmosphere, where exceptional student designers develop creative solutions for real-world design projects.
In addition to obtaining course credits toward graduation, participation in the studio provides students with valuable experience in teamwork, professional business practices and client and vendor interaction. Student participation in the studio is based upon approval in a highly selective process consisting of a portfolio review, faculty approval and outside recommendations.
The studio operates during the academic year (September through early May). Design services are fee-based and prices are quoted based upon individual job requirements. Please call Creative Director, Professor Sarah Rutherford, to discuss your design needs at 330.672.2884.
We are located in Downtown Kent, Ohio at 138 E. Main Street, Suite 203 with two entrances. One is situated between 4 Cats Art Studio and Fig Leaf; our back entrance is located beside Flashers Cleaners.
Not only is Glyphix a studio class, but we also work as part of IdeaBase, a multi-disciplinary creative agency offering comprehensive integrated marketing services such as branding, user experience design, web development, identity design and more. IdeaBase can partner its services with university resources like an experienced teleproductions unit, a usability computer testing lab and a focus group suite.