Schedule a Class Tour
We look forward to you and your class visiting our space!
If you wish to bring your students to the Writing Commons and schedule a tour, please complete the form below, and we will get back to you. We strive to meet your needs as a teacher and to introduce your students to the free services we provide. Feel free to plan your visit, work with your class in our space, and introduce your students to a resource they can use over and over again. We have a large staff ready and willing to assist you with your particular course learning objectives.
Request a tutor to visit your class
The Writing Commons Ambassadors are an organized group of Writing Commons’ employees who are available per request for class visits. Please look over and complete the form by answering the questions (copy & paste) in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Class visit styles are listed below:
- Short (~5 minutes): A brief GoogleSlides presentation where we discuss our services, website, hours, FAQ’s, etc. with time for questions afterwards.
- Ideal for a quick presentation at the beginning of a class. Please fill out the form and send it to email@example.com
- Medium (~10-15 minutes): The brief GoogleSlides presentation followed by a full tour of our website, how to navigate it, and how to schedule your own appointment with time for questions afterwards.
- Ideal if you are considering making a visit to the Writing Commons a requirement for your students (i.e. we could provide a tutorial on registering for appointments). Please fill out the form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Long (~45 minutes - 1 hour): The brief GoogleSlides presentation followed by a peer review session or workshop. The workshop could focus on anything ranging from developing a thesis, organization strategies, and overall revision techniques to citation and proofreading tips.
- Ideal for a longer, more interactive engagement with our services. Please fill out the form and send it to email@example.com. Additionally, a consultation prior to the workshop is required to discuss the type of workshop you want at least week before the presentation date.
Professor E-mail: Course Title:
Presentation Style (Short, Medium, Long):
Number of Students:
As a reminder, while our Ambassadors are present in your class, you are still the instructor of record. Please remain in your classroom while we are giving our presentations, peer reviews, or workshops.
We attend your class to be a supplemental tool to your lesson. You are necessary for our visit to be successful. Thank you!