How To Join
The Kent Student Ambassadors recruit new members in the fall semester. The following are FAQs about the group and application process.
How can I become a Kent Student Ambassador?
All prospective KSA members:
- Must complete an online application. You can learn more about applying at our tables at Back to School Blastoff and the Black Squirrel Festival.
- Are encouraged to attend the KSA Information Night during the fall semester that explains the application process. Prospective members can ask the executive board questions about the organization and learn more about membership requirements.
What is KSA looking for in a new member?
The recruitment process is highly selective. KSA is composed of students who represent a wide variety of backgrounds, beliefs, majors and interests. Prospective Ambassadors should be poised, personable, willing to express their pride for Kent State University and able to demonstrate their knowledge of the university. Additional requirements include:
- A 3.0 GPA; freshmen will be accepted pending they meet the required GPA at the end of their first semester
- Enthusiasm for Kent State University and the Ambassador program
- Interest in learning about philanthropy and stewardship
- Leadership qualities
- Time availability
If I am a sophomore or junior, will it hurt my chances of getting in?
Absolutely not. KSA considers applications from freshmen, sophomores, juniors, graduate students and international students.
Can I still join KSA if I am going to be away from Kent State for a semester?
Yes, you can. Kent Student Ambassadors are granted one-semester leave of absence, which they may or may not use during their time with the organization
Students are encouraged to participate in off-campus experiences such as studying abroad, the Washington Program in National Issues and the Columbus Program, which all require a semester, and sometimes a year, off-campus. The leave of absence can also be used when a student needs a break from KSA responsibilities due to heavy class load and work schedules, personal or health-related issues, etc.
The deadline to turn in the membership application is Sunday, Sept. 12.
Interested in joining? Complete the following application today!