Applications and Deadlines
Applications and Deadlines
Beginning with the 2015 Radiologic Technology Program Application, all students will apply online for consideration in the Radiologic Technology Program Application process.
The online application will be available on November 1 and will remain open until the February 1, 2019 deadline for applying to the Radiologic Technology Program for the class beginning in June 2019.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process, you may contact the program secretary, Theresa Hootman, at 440-964-4252 and she will direct your questions as needed.
Program Admission Requirements
Please review the following minimum requirements. It is the applicant's responsibility to review transcripts from high school and/or from college or university to determine eligibility in meeting program requirements. The completion of the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview or acceptance into the program. Please submit a Radiologic Technology application only if you meet all of the following requirements:
- Graduation from High School or completion of a successful GED exam prior to program start.
- Algebra with a grade of “C” or better
- High School Students: Complete algebra course with a grade of “C” or better.
- College Students: If high school algebra grade is not a “C” or better, then a developmental or college level algebra course must be completed at a university by the end of fall semester 2017. At Kent State, students must complete MATH 00021, 00022 (Basic Algebra I & II) with a grade of “C” or better to meet the math pre-requisite prior to the application deadline. Note that MATH 11009, Modeling Algebra, or MATH 11010, Algebra for Calculus, (if pursuing radiation therapy), must be completed before graduation.
- Biology or Anatomy & Physiology with a grade of "C" or better
- High School Students: Complete biology by graduation with a “C” or better.
- College Students: If applicant did not have high school or college biology with a grade of “C” or better, then a biology course must be taken at college and completed by the end of fall semester 2017. Recommended course is BSCI 10001, Human Biology.
- Chemistry with a grade of “C” or better
- High School Students: complete chemistry by graduation with a “C” or better.
- College Students: If an applicant did not have high school chemistry with a grade of “C” or better, then a chemistry course must be taken at a university and completed by the end of fall semester 2017. Kent State students who did not complete high school chemistry or did not receive a grade of “C” or better are encouraged to take CHEM 10030, Chemistry in Our World, to be better prepared for CHEM 10055, Molecules of Life. MATH 00023, Basic Algebra III, must be completed with a grade of “C” or better if enrolling in CHEM 10050, Fundamentals of Chemistry.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 2.75 (on a 4.00 scale) from your most recent education record.
- High School Students: Cumulative GPA reviewed on transcript.
- College cumulative GPA will be considered for applicants who have previously or are currently attending a college or university and these applicants must have at least a cumulative GPA of 2.75 by the end of fall semester 2017.
- Eight hours of job shadowing are required for those applying to the Radiologic Technology program at Kent State Ashtabula Campus. Applicants may call the radiology department at any local hospital to obtain permission to job shadow.