Why Study Abroad?
Studying abroad is an immensely valuable experience. There are numerous reasons to go abroad, and here are highlighted reasons of why we think you should go abroad!
- A competitive edge in applying to graduate school
- A broader and more sophisticated view of the world
- Increased self-awareness, confidence, adaptability, and independence
- A better understanding of cultural values and personal biases
- Improved intercultural communication and language skills
- Long-lasting friendships forged through shared experiences
- The adventure of a lifetime in an amazing destination
"What’s it like to finally feel like you’re truly in step with the world around you? I thought I could answer these questions for you three months ago but I’m now realizing I couldn’t. I have spent three months in Dresden, Germany and my entire life has been changed. I have become a more passionate students, a stronger person, and I have figured out what I want to do with the rest of my life. The brochures you look at for study abroad tell you it’s a life changing experience but no one really takes it to heart. When they tell you it will change your life you don’t understand how drastic of a change they mean. Studying abroad forces you to know yourself, put more effort into learning, and really look at your own culture compared to others."
"It can be completely nerve wracking and exhausting trying to navigate through a new area and not knowing what to expect, but in that came the greatest adventures of finding hidden gems of an area. Being thrown out of my normal area into a new one gave me the opportunity to understand no matter where we come from working together gets us where we need to go. You learn more by doing and exploring than you ever will sitting behind a computer reading from a textbook."