Is Social Media the Future of Dating?
Last Wednesday, February 12, 2020, we held a Cultural Dialogue celebrating the month of love at Read Room (200), White Hall, with a focus on social media's influence on intercultural dating. Higher Education Administration intern Esther Sijuwade, from Nigeria, facilitated the program.
The panelists included
- Lindsay Nelson, Master's student in Higher Education Administration program (American)
- Jacqueline Torto, Master's student in Cultural Foundations program, (Ghanaian)
- Nadim Boukhdhir, Master's student in Architecture program (Tunisian)
- Noor Agustina, Doctoral student in Curriculum and Instruction program (Indonesian)
- Winnie Bush, Master's student in Higher Education Administration program (American)
The conversation explored the ways that social media, culture, generation, geography within a nation, and religion all influence dating and marriage practices around the world. Students and faculty attended the program, enjoyed the chocolate banquet, and learned about dating in the age of technology from different perspectives!