Welcome to C.O.S.T. - The Consortium for Overseas Student Teaching
COST is a collaboration of 16 colleges and universities in the United States that provides opportunities for its students to have quality student teaching experiences in overseas settings. Kent State University is a member of COST, and I serve as Kent State's COST Coordinator. As Coordinator, I work closely with students who are interested in student teaching overseas as well as university and school representatives from the United States and around the world to promote global understanding, intercultural communication, and a meaningful educational experience.
If you are a Kent State teacher education student who is interested in student teaching abroad, I encourage you to
- review this site and learn about the program
- review the COST Frequently Asked Questions
- attend one of the COST informational meetings held at the beginning of each semester
- consider possible student teaching placement destinations
- and check out the current COST Consortium Headquarters website.
In the words of Mark Twain, "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." I look forward to connecting with you as you explore the possibilities through COST!
- Dr. Martha Lash
COST at Kent State University:
Dr. Martha Lash
404 White Hall
215 White Hall