Online Checklist for Graduation and Commencement
- Apply to Graduate
- Review your personal information and update if needed:
- Name: Please be sure that your name is listed properly, as this is how it will be announced and listed in the commencement program.
- Diploma Mailing Address: Please be sure to update your diploma mailing address to ensure that you receive your package.
- Remove a Student Directory Restriction
- Be sure to RSVP to receive your commencement package! Cap, Tassel and Alumni Pin included. The commencement packages will start to ship on April 19. Note: Americana and/or Honors Cords will be mailed separately mid-April to eligible graduates.
- RSVP: March 18 - April 8
- A confirmation of your RSVP selections will be sent via email.
- Please note: the phonetic spelling of your name is used to help the announcer pronounce your name for Commencement.
- Graduates that have RSVP’d to the ceremony will receive 4 guest tickets. Tickets will be available for download starting April 23.
- Due to social distancing, there is limited venue capacity, therefore graduates will be seated in pods with their 4 guests for the ceremonies.
Cap, Gown and Graduation Materials
- Visit the University Bookstore during normal business hours to make your purchase. Detailed information and pricing is listed online at the Campus Bookstore.
- Click here to purchase a digital gift card for online orders that total the merchandise amount plus $7 shipping.
- Order Personalized Announcements
- Graduate Bookplate Program
IN-PERSON CEREMONY PARTICIPATION INFO
- All of the commencement ceremonies will be live-streamed.
- ADA Accommodations: Contact University Events and Protocol at email@example.com if you will need assistance with ADA accessibility at the outdoor ceremonies.
- Ceremony Reporting: Detailed ceremony reporting instructions will be sent to your Kent State email address.
- Map: Please view the map for ceremony location, parking, and shuttle routes.
- Safety: Ceremonies will adhere to safety measures in the Flashes Safe Eight, such as distancing and the wearing of face coverings. As an additional safety measure, you must sign up for your ceremony check-in time.
PARTICIPATE IN OTHER GRADUATE RECOGNITION CELEBRATIONS
- Lavender Graduation honors the achievements of graduating lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and ally (LGBTQ+) students at Kent State University. LGBTQ+ Graduates that would like to register to participate in the Virtual 2021 Lavender Graduation celebration, must register before 4/18/21.
- Karamu Ya Wahitimu/Celebración De Los Graduado is pre-commencement celebration and final Rites of Passage is graduation ceremony to celebrate the accomplishments of all graduating African American, Native American, Latinx, Hispanic and Multiracial undergraduate and graduate students. More details to come.
After the Ceremony
- Check your student account balance
- Complete Student Financial Aid Exit Loan Counseling
- Unsubscribe to FlashAlerts
- Participate in Alumni Events and Programs
- View your Commencement Ceremony Online
- Is there an instructor who motivated or helped you become engaged and responsible as a university student? If so, take a moment to say thank you.
- The Registrar's Office will mail diplomas final approval to the graduates' diploma address (if identified) or permanent address listed in FlashLine 6-8 weeks after the commencement ceremony.