- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Frequently Asked QuestionsCeremony details are updated frequently. For the most up-to-date information, be sure to check back before coming to campus.
- Accessibility seating and other reasonable accommodations will be available to guests at all Commencement venues. Guests in need of accommodations should arrive 90 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony and see an usher to be seated. Seating in these reserved areas can not be guaranteed once the ceremony begins.
- A drop off pass for guests in need of ADA accommodations can be printed and displayed in the dash of your vehicle. This permit will allow guests to be dropped off near the venue entrance.
- Handicap parking is available at all ceremony venues. Please see the venue maps listed under Parking and Shuttles below.
- Advanced Degree Commencement - Field House located at 2227 Summit Road, Kent, Ohio 44242.
- University Commencement - Dix Stadium located at 2213 Summit Road, Kent, Ohio 44242.
- Kent Campus College Ceremonies
- Field House located at 2227 Summit Road, Kent, Ohio 44242
- Memorial Athletic & Convocation Center located at 1025 Risman Drive, Kent, Ohio 44242
- Student Recreation & Wellness Center located at 1550 Ted Boyd Drive, Kent, Ohio 44242
- Kent Student Center Ballroom located at 1375 Eastway Drive, Kent, Ohio 44242
Guests who are unable to attend may view the commencement ceremonies live via webcast.
The ceremonies are approximately 90 minutes in length.
The doors will open approximately 90 minutes prior to the event. Doors will close at the start of the ceremony and will remain closed until the completion of the National Anthem.
Emergencies and Evacuation Procedures
In the event of a medical emergency or evacuation, please see a member of the event staff, usher or law enforcement official.
Food and Beverage
- Food and Beverage will be available at the following locations on Saturday, May 13, 2017.
- Concession stands at Dix Stadium, MAC Center and the REC Center
- The Hub on the first floor of the Kent Student Center
- The Fork in the Road food truck (REC Center)
University Commencement is scheduled to take place in Dix Stadium, rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the ceremony may be shortened, suspended, or concluded.
If a schedule adjustment is required due to severe weather, instructions will be given to guests via public address announcements and video screen messages. Graduates and guests are asked to listen for announcements and remain seated until instructed otherwise. These security measures are in place to provide a safe environment for everyone, and your cooperation is appreciated.
Given the size of University Commencement, it is not logistically feasible to move the ceremony to an indoor location. College Ceremonies on the Kent and Regional Campuses will go on as planned.
In the case of light rain or other non-severe weather, the ceremony will continue in Dix Stadium, and the following conditions may apply:
- The ceremony may be shortened
- The ceremony will still maintain essential elements such as the conferring of undergraduate degrees
Gifts for Graduates
Parking & Shuttles
All parking lots are open on Commencement Day. Traffic on campus will be heavy. Shuttles will run throughout the day to and from Dix Stadium and other Kent campus ceremony venues. Guests and graduates attending ceremonies on Saturday, May 13, 2017 should plan to park at your college ceremony location and ride the shuttle to and from Dix Stadium for University Commencement.
- View the shuttle and parking map for the Advanced Degree Ceremony
- View the shuttle and parking map for the Field House Ceremony
- View the shuttle and parking map for the MAC Center Ceremony
- View the shuttle and parking map for the REC Center Ceremony
- View the shuttle and parking map for the Kent Student Center Ballroom Ceremony
For your safety and the safety of others, guests and their possessions are subject to inspection as a condition of admittance. The university reserves the final decision on all items brought into the venue. Hall Security will carry out security checks at the entrance of the ceremony venue. Our priority is to do this as quickly as possible. Please allow plenty of time to get in the venue for the ceremony. Venue doors open 90 minutes before the ceremony processional.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE PROHIBITED:
The use of a laser-pointing device of any kind or anything that can produce a focused beam of light found on any person in the venue will result in criminal charges and ejection from the ceremony. Similarly, it is the sole responsibility of security personnel to ensure that should any of these items be found inside the performance area they be promptly confiscated.
Guest seating for Commencement is general admission.
Smoking is prohibited. Smoking is also defined to include any and all electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes.
All guests (including children 1 years and older) must have a ticket to enter the ceremony venue. Tickets will not be printed on site.