Course Approval Form and Process
Approved by URCC on May 9, 2014
1. This new process replaces the two separate ELR section and full-course approval forms currently in use.
2. This new form streamlines the ELR approval process in the following ways:
- Reduces the forms needed for approval from two to one.
- Allows for immediate designation of all sections if submitted beyond the catalog deadline dates but by the specified dates listed below.
- Immediate designation will allow students currently enrolled in the course to meet the ELR if they successfully complete the course, without waiting until the following year for the course to be designated in the catalog.
3. The Registrar’s Office has agreed to temporarily apply ELR designation to all sections within a course, if URCC provides approval for both a full-course and all related sections simultaneously. To ensure that all courses are designated before any grades are assigned, any departments seeking both section and full-course approval must submit an application no later than the following dates:
- Fall 2015 - September 14, 2015
- Spring 2016 - February 2, 2016
- Summer 2016 - June 27, 2016
4. If selecting full-course and section approval, signatures should be collected from Chair/Director, College Curriculum Committee, and Dean. If course is offered through the Regional College, approval is only needed from Asst/Assoc Dean and Dean of Regional College.
5. If a course receives full-course and section approval by the specified dates, URCC will provide a course list to the Registrar’s Office to be used to place an indicator on all sections of the course until the point when the full-course is approved through EPC and Faculty Senate for designation in the Fall 2015 catalog.
6. If the full-course and all sections are approved at the same time, there is no need to collect individual section information for each semester. The Registrar’s Office will use the course list to add the ELR designation as sections are added throughout the registration period.
7. There will be no retroactive designations if courses are not approved by URCC by the specified dates.
8. This form will be used for ELR course approval until CurricUNET is available.