- Section Only Approval: “Section only” signatures of approval should be collected from the Chair/Director and the College URCC Representative. If course is offered through the Regional Campus, approval is also needed from the Regional Campus Assistant or Associate Dean. If course is only housed in the Regional College, approval must be obtained from the Associate Provost and Dean of Regional College and URCC College Representative. Section Only applicants must also provide the name of the faculty member of record, course CRN, Section #, and semester and year of course offering. Upon approval by all parties, the faculty member should forward the application to the Office of the Registrar whereby the ELR attribute will be applied to the course. Refer to the URCC website to obtain a list of representatives.
- Full-Course Only Approval: “Full-course only” signatures of approval should be collected from the Chair/Director, Dean, and a College Curriculum Committee approval date should be provided. If course is only housed in the Regional College, approval must be obtained from the Associate Provost and Dean of Regional College. Upon approval by all parties, the application should be presented to the URCC for review and approval. If approved at URCC, it will be submitted to EPC and Faculty Senate for review. If approved by Faculty Senate the course will be designated in the Fall catalog.
Section and Full Course Approval: Beginning May 19, 2014, the Registrar’s Office has agreed to temporarily apply ELR designation to all sections within a course, if URCC provides approval for both a full-course and all related sections simultaneously. To ensure that all courses are designated before any grades are assigned, any departments seeking both section and full-course approval must submit an application no later than the following dates:
- Fall 2014 - September 12, 2014
- Spring 2015 - January 9, 2015
- Summer 2015 - May 8, 2015
- This new process replaces the two separate ELR section and full-course approval forms currently in use.
- This new form streamlines the ELR approval process in the following ways:
- Reduces the forms needed for approval from two to one.
- Allows for immediate designation of all sections if submitted beyond the catalog deadline dates but by the specified dates listed below.
- Immediate designation will allow students currently enrolled in the course to meet the ELR if they successfully complete the course, without waiting until the following year for the course to be designated in the catalog.