Student Volunteer of the Year (Undergraduate and Graduate)
Purpose: This award recognizes both undergraduate and graduate students whose involvement in service has had a significant impact on the community. Nominees have demonstrated involvement in more than one area of engagement and/or service (i.e. service-learning coursework, credit bearing community-based internship(s), community-based research/capstone project(s), participation in international or domestic service immersion experiences, service-oriented student organizations, etc.).
Awards will be given in two categories:
- Undergraduate Student- must be enrolled in a degree-granting bachelor’s degree program (i.e. BA, BS, BBA, BFA, etc.)
- Graduate Student- must be enrolled in a degree-granting post-baccalaureate program (i.e. Master’s, Ph.D., etc.)
Open to undergraduate and graduate students who participated in community-based experiences from Summer 2018 - Spring 2019.
Students nominated for this award should have demonstrated excellence in all or most of the following areas:
- Exhibits depth of understanding of the community needs or social issues addressed by their involvement in service;
- Demonstrates civic and personal growth as a result of their community-based experiences;
- Consistently strives to have a positive impact on the community/population associated with their involvements;
- Embodies the values of active citizenship. Active Citizenship definition: “Active citizens are individuals who prioritize the community in their values and life choices. They don’t have to take action on every social issue, but rather, see the world through that lens. They take action on issues that matter to them and their communities.”
- Exhibits a commitment to service and servant leadership principles. Servant Leadership definition: "Servant leadership is a philosophy and set of practices that enrich the lives of individuals, builds better organizations and ultimately creates a more just and caring world."
To nominate a student for this award, please submit this form by March 29th at 5 pm. Nominees will be notified by April 8th.
Nominate A Student Volunteer