Parents and Students Invited to Fall Semester Virtual Town Hall Meeting on Aug. 17
Kent State University invites parents and students to a virtual Town Hall meeting at noon, Tuesday, Aug. 17, as university leaders answer questions related to the fall semester, specifically what to expect on campus during this time of COVID-19 testing and vaccinations.
Panelists for the Town Hall include:
- Manfred van Dulmen, Ph.D., chair, Pandemic Leadership Committee, associate provost for Academic Affairs and dean, Division of Graduate Studies
- Julie Volcheck, M.S., assistant vice president for Student Affairs and director of University Health Services
- Tara Smith, Ph.D., professor of epidemiology, College of Public Health
- Melissa Zullo, Ph.D., professor of epidemiology, assistant dean, College of Public Health
- Gary C. Goldberg, M.S., assistant vice president for Student Engagement and Services
- Sean Broghammer, Ph.D., interim vice president for Enrollment Management
- Margaret (Peggy) Shadduck, Ph.D., vice president for Regional Campuses and dean of the College of Applied and Technical Studies
Move-in for students living on campus begins Wednesday, Aug. 18, via a staggered move-in structure to help ease students back into campus life. Updated move-in information and other important details for living on campus can be found at Residence Services.
Throughout the pandemic, the health and safety of every member of our Kent State community have been and will remain the primary driver behind every decision we make. Now with a substantial spread of the delta variant of COVID-19 across the country, we are returning to previous practices on face coverings to ensure a safe start to the new academic year.
University leaders recently announced that face coverings are required indoors for everyone, regardless of vaccination status, on all Kent State campuses. Face coverings also remain a requirement on all public transportation.
Current fall COVID-19 testing requirements may be found here.
As a reminder, the first day of fall classes is Thursday, Aug. 26.