The mission of the Kent State University Child Development Center is to enable all children and families to experience exemplary early education by:
- Offering an education based on meaningful relationships.
- Including parents as full partners in their children's education.
- Supporting the development of teachers who are reflective, passionate about their work, grounded in theory and the content of the curriculum, researchers of their own practice, and above all, able to develop meaningful relationships with children and families.
- Engaging in ongoing inquiry into our own practices.
- Communicating our work to our professional and local communities.
- Advocating for high quality services for children and families.