STUDY ABROAD IN FLORENCE, ITALY
Education Abroad Myths!
- It's too expensive. Scholarships and financial aid are available. The costs depend on education aboard program.
- I won't graduate on time. Most students can plan ahead and graduate on time.
- I must speak a foreign language. It's not required but encouraged that you take an Italian class.
- It's not safe. The Florence Center is very safe and is supervised. We encourage students to use common sense and travel with a buddy.
Students within the College of EHHS can take classes during the spring, summer or fall semesters, or complete an internship during the summer months at the Florence Center in Italy. For 2017 there are three new EHHS courses:
- NUTR 23511: Science of Human Nutrition (Kent core - required for many EHHS majors)
- RPTM 26060: Intro to Global Tourism (Diversity - Elective)
- SPAD 45024: Sport in Global Perspective (SPAD majors, SPAD and Event Planning minors)
Read about eight Hospitality Management students experiences completing an internship in Florence, Italy during summer 2016.
Office of Global Education will provide overall general information and application process.
Amber Cruxton, Assistant Director of Education Abroad, Kent State University – Florence Advises for Kent State Florence programs, email@example.com Phone: 330-672-7975
College of EHHS-more specific information
Kathy Zarges EHHS Florence Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Study Abroad Advising Times: Mondays, 10 a.m. - Noon, 304 White Hall; Thursdays, 2 - 4 p.m., 263 Gym Annex
Neete Saha EHHS Florence Program Advisor, email@example.com
Study Abroad Advising Times: Mondays, 10 a.m. - Noon, 304 White Hall
EHHS Scholarships for Education Abroad
Academic Recruitment & Retention Director, firstname.lastname@example.org