- Baer, R. (2008). How can school collaboration and system coordination promote progress of high school students? In C.A. Kochhar-Bryant (Ed.). Collaboration and System Coordination of Students with Special Needs. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill Prentice Hall.
- Flexer, R. W., Simmons, T. J., Luft, P., & Baer, R. M. (2008). Transition planning for secondary students with disabilities.(3rd Ed.). Columbus, OH.: Merrill Education.
- Hoover, D.& Flexer, R. W.(2008). Enhancing and evaluating content on teambuilding in a graduate transition course. The Journal for Vocational Special Needs Education, 29(3),4-12.
- Baer, R., Flexer, R.W. & Dennis, L. (2007). Examining the career paths and transition services of students with disabilities exiting high school. Education and Training in Developmental Disabilities, 42, 317-329.
- Flexer, R. W., Simmons, T. J., Luft, P., & Baer, R. M. (Eds.) (2005). Transition planning for secondary students with disabilities. (2nd Ed.). Columbus, OH: Merrill Education. Publisher website.
- Flexer, R. W., Baer, R. P. (2005). A description and evaluation of a university-based transition endorsement program. Career Development for Exceptional Individuals. 28, 80-91.
- Baer, R. M., Flexer, R. W., Beck, S., Amstutz, N., Hoffman, L., Brothers, J., Stelzer, D., & Zechman, C. (2003). A collaborative follow-up study on transition service utilization and post-school outcomes. Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 26, 7-25.
- McMahan, R., & Baer, R. (2001). IDEA Transition policy compliance and best-practice: Perceptions of transition stakeholders. Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 24(2), 169-184.
- Flexer, R. W., Baer, R. M., Simmons, T. J. & Shell, D.(1997). Translating research, innovation, and policy into practice: Interdisciplinary transition leadership training. Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 20(1), 55-68.
- Flexer, R. W., Simmons, T. J. & Tankersley, M. (1997) Graduate interdisciplinary transition training at Kent State University. Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, 8, 183-195.
- Baer, R., Simmons, T. & Flexer, R. W. (1996). Transition practice and policy compliance in Ohio: A survey of secondary and special education. Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 19, 61-72.
- Flexer, C., Wray, D., Leavitt, R. & Flexer, R. W. (Eds.) (1996). How the student with hearing loss can succeed in college: A handbook for students, families, and professionals. (2nd ed.).Â Washington, D.C.: Alexander Graham Bell.