A Global Understanding of Autism
Speech Language Pathology/Special Education
Location: Universidade of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Time: May 14-May 27, 2023
- The number of individuals diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is on the rise; not just in the United States but also around the world
- Spend 14 days in Brazil discovering how ASD is understood by examining support and services provided to individuals with ASD and their families
- Examine diagnosis and intervention of individuals with ASD across cultural contexts
- Gain a cultural understanding through guided visits to schools, hospitals, and outpatient facilities, as well as scheduled site-seeing trips
- Attend specialty lectures and observations at 3 universities in Sao Paulo and at major medical facilities in the area
Informational Meeting Times
A103 - Nixson Hall (Center for Performing Arts)
Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
Deadline: February 1, 2023
Fee: $60.00 non-refundable fee to fill out the application