EVENT PLANNING MINOR COHORT IN FLORENCE, ITALY
Students can enroll in the following two classes that are part of the Event Planning minor.
RPTM 26060 Introduction to Global Tourism (Global Diversity course)
SPAD 45024 Sport in Global Perspective
Students can take other courses offered as part of the Florence Summer Institute.
HOSPITALITY AND EVENT MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP IN FLORENCE, ITALY
Hospitality and Event Management majors and minors, and Event Planning minors have the option to complete HM 43092 Hospitality Management Practicum in Florence. Highlights of the internship include:
- Explore iconic locations and learn the Italian approach to hospitality
- Past internship employers include:
- Palazzo San Niccolò - small boutique hotel and apartments
- Palazzo Belfiore - luxury apartments
- Pino's Sandwich/Enoteca Pozzo Divino - restaurant featuring wine tastings
- DotFlorence - web agency specialized in tourism and real estate
2022 dates to be determined
Course: HEM 43092 (enroll in Spring) HEM 41096 (enroll in Summer)
Instructor: Dr. Seon Jeong (Ally) Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To read about the experiences of former students who completed their internship in Florence in summer 2016, visit their internship experience webpage.