The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage & Family Therapist Board, will not accept grades lower than a "B-". Therefore, if students earn a "C+" or lower in a class, they would have to repeat this class. The CES faculty also adopted this standard for the School Counseling program and doctoral program. Any course that is required for Clinical Mental Health Counseling or School Counseling licensure must have an earned grade of "B-" or higher. It is also important to note that pass/fail (or "S" / "U") courses follow the policy that a grade of "S" or "Pass" is comparable to a "B-" or better.

Please consult individual course syllabi for further grading policies. The KSU Graduate Handbook is also a source of information pertaining to grading policy.