Deaf Education (Non-Degree)
Non-degree Special Education Deaf Education Licensure coursework and field-based experiences are prescribed based on the program approved for KSU by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). Previous coursework may be considered if appropriate and current. The prescribed coursework enables candidates to become eligible to apply for a teaching license from ODE.
If you are interested in a masters degree in Special Education from KSU, you must be fully admitted into the program and complete the prescribed coursework on the Master's degree prospectus in addition to courses that are prescribed here for Licensure.
Candidates seeking Ohio teaching licensure are required to pass specific requirements in order to apply for licensure from the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). Students should consult the Special Education Department for specific program requirements and refer to the Ohio Department of Education - Educator Preparation website for more information on assessments specific to licensure type.
Official transcript(s) from Baccalaureate program, minimum 3.000 GPA; goal statement; two letters of recommendation, Questions in Anticipation of Licensure form, and Praxis Core Examinations(reading, writing and mathematics exams) or proof of a valid, Teacher Resident Educator or Professional Teaching License.
Minimum total credit hours to program completion are 60.
- Deaf Education Initial Licensure Preparation (non-degree) Course Catalog
- Deaf Education Additional Licensure Preparation (non-degree) Course Catalog
- Special Education Deaf Education Initial Licensure Preparation (non-degree) Plan of Study
- Special Education Deaf Education Additional Licensure Preparation (non-degree) Plan of Study
- Graduate non-degree Application