Due to the importance of following KSU's Flashes Safe 7 principles and social distancing requirements we are are not able to meet with you in person, but we are still here to support you during your academic journey here at KSU! During the Fall semester all advising will happen virtually via Microsoft Teams.
To schedule a virtual advising appointment go to KSUAdvising. After you schedule your advising appointment via KSUAdvising, an advisor will contact you by email regarding the appointment format. Please note, you can only make an appointment two weeks in advance. If you have issues making an advising appointment contact the Vacca Office of Student Services (VOSS) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330.672.2862.
Have a quick question? Schedule a virtual drop-in appointment with your specialized advisor by visiting: Microsoft Bookings. Please note, you can make an appointment up to 2 days in advance, drop-ins cannot fulfill required advising.
Advisors will be available via email as well, please allow 24 to 48 hours for response time.
Additionally, please be sure to check your email's on a regular basis to receive updates and important information.
For more information and FAQ's, visit: Kent State’s coronavirus information page
WHAT IS ACADEMIC ADVISING?
Empowering students to develop their individual purpose by guiding, teaching and engaging them through a collaborative and personalized academic advising experience.
We aspire to engage students in a comprehensive and transformative advising experience that will be adaptive to the unique and changing needs of our diverse student population.
As an office we value: our students, one another, diversity, collaboration, trust, honesty, respect and mindfulness.
ADVISING MODEL FOR EHHS
Required advising appointment with your professional advisor as follows:
- Some students will meet with an advisor each semester, Juniors and Seniors do not have required advising, but are welcome to meet with an advisor.
- Must be a scheduled advising appointment (not during Office Hours and not drop-ins, which are15 minutes in length).
- If you've never met with an advisor in our office, your first advising appointment will generally be 30 minutes in length, which will give you and your advisor time to get to know one another, go over your GPS plan, review your major, and answer any questions that you have.
- Most of your advising appointments after that will be 30 minutes in length with a few exceptions, such as if you change your major or you are on academic probation. If you live more than 60 minutes away, you can conduct your appointment virtually by video or phone - schedule your virtual appointment via KSUAdvising. If you have issues making an advising appointment please call 330-672-2862 or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Advisors have Drop-In Hours (formerly known as Walk-Ins) - 2 hours twice a week for a total of 4 hours - where you can ask a quick question without having to make an appointment (15 minutes maximum in length). Visiting your advisor during drop-ins appointments does not count as your required advising appointment. To see when your advisor has Drop-Ins available, click on Who is My Advisor.
ADVISING IN THE GYM ANNEX
- Advisors are meeting with students virtually for the Fall semester.