Freshman and Sophomore level students are required to meet with an advisor each semester until they reach Junior level status. Additionally, new students and students on academic probation are required to meet with an advisor before they can register for classes.
Appointments are conducted in person in 304 White Hall. Students can also meet with an advisor remotely via Microsoft Teams.
To schedule a advising appointment go to KSUAdvising. Please note, you can only make an appointment two weeks in advance. If you have issues making an advising appointment contact the Vacca Office of Student Services (VOSS) at email@example.com or 330.672.2862.
New students who have never met with their advisor may have a one-hour advising appointment for their initial/first appointment with the advisor assigned based on major. After the initial one-hour advising appointment, most appointments thereafter will be 30 minutes in length.
Beginning the second week of the semester, your assigned advisor for your major will have remote drop-ins available.
- Offered remotely via Microsoft Bookings
- Perfect for quick questions that do not require a full appointment
- Example: "Should I drop a course?", "What is the Praxis exam?"
- Meeting your advisor during Drop-Ins does NOT replace the required advising appointment
- Click here to see your advisor's Drop-In Hours
Office Hours and Drop-Ins are subject to change. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur. It is encouraged that you call ahead to check the availability of your advisor.