Dr. Dhruba Panthi is an Assistant Professor of Engineering Technology at Kent State University Tuscarawas. He received his doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering from The University of Tokyo, Japan in 2014, with a specialization in fuel cells and energy process engineering. Before joining the current position in August 2018, he was a postdoctoral researcher at Kent State University (2016–2018) and The University of Tokyo (2014–2016). His current research interests lie in electrochemical energy processes, renewable energy, ceramic materials, and advanced manufacturing technologies. Dr. Panthi has published over 20 research articles in scholarly journals and has presented his work at various international scientific conferences. He is a member of the Electrochemical Society (ECS) and American Ceramic Society (ACerS).
- B.J. Emley, D. Panthi, Y. Du, Y. Yao, “Controlling porosity of anode support in tubular solid oxide fuel cells by freeze casting,” Journal of Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Storage (accepted).
- D. Panthi, N. Hedayat, T. Woodson, B.J. Emley, Y. Du, “Tubular solid oxide fuel cells fabricated by a novel freeze casting method,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 103 (2), 878–888, 2020.
- X. Yang, J. Chen, D. Panthi, B. Niu, L. Lei, Z. Yuan, Y. Du, Y. Li, F. Chen, T. He, “Electron doping of Sr2FeMoO6−δ as high performance anode materials for solid oxide fuel cells,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 7 (2), 733–743, 2019.
- N. Hedayat, D. Panthi, Y. Du, “Inert substrate-supported microtubular solid oxide fuel cells based on highly porous ceramic by low-temperature co-sintering,” Ceramics International, 45 (1), 579–587, 2019.
- D. Panthi, N. Hedayat, Y. Du, “Densification behavior of yttria-stabilized zirconia powders for solid oxide fuel cell electrolytes,” Journal of Advanced Ceramics, 7 (4), 325–335, 2018.
- Y. Du, N. Hedayat, D. Panthi, H. Ilkhani, B.J. Emley, T. Woodson, “Freeze-casting for the fabrication of solid oxide fuel cells: A review,” Materialia, 1, 198–210, 2018.
- N. Hedayat, D. Panthi, Y. Du, “Fabrication of Tubular Solid Oxide Fuel Cells by Solvent-Assisted Lamination and Co-firing a Rolled Multilayer Tape-cast,” International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, 15 (2), 307–314, 2018.
- X. Yang, D. Panthi, N. Hedayat, T. He, F. Chen, W. Guan, Y. Du, “Molybdenum dioxide as an alternative catalyst for direct utilization of methane in tubular solid oxide fuel cells,” Electrochemistry Communications, 86, 126–129, 2018.
- N. Hedayat, D. Panthi, Y. Du, “Fabrication of anode-supported microtubular solid oxide fuel cells by sequential dip-coating and reduced sintering steps,” Electrochimica Acta, 258, 694–702, 2017.
- D. Panthi, B. Choi, Y. Du, A. Tsutsumi, “Lowering the co-sintering temperature of cathode-electrolyte bilayers for micro-tubular solid oxide fuel cells,” Ceramics International, 43 (14), 10698–10707, 2017.
- B. Choi, D. Panthi, M. Nakoji, K. Tsutsumi, A. Tsutsumi, “Design and Performance Evaluation of a Novel 1 kW-Class Hydrogen Production/Power Generation System,” Applied Energy, 194, 296–303, 2017.
- D. Panthi, B. Choi, A. Tsutsumi, “Direct methane operation of a micro-tubular solid oxide fuel cell with a porous zirconia support,” Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 21 (1), 255–262, 2017.
- B. Choi, D. Panthi, M. Nakoji, T. Kabutomori, K. Tsutsumi, A. Tsutsumi, “A novel water-splitting electrochemical cycle for hydrogen production using an intermediate electrode,” Chemical Engineering Science, 157, 200–208, 2017.
- B. Choi, D. Panthi, A. Tsutsumi, “Improving Rate Performance of MnO2 Positive Electrode for Fuel Cell/Battery Systems by Blending with Ni(OH)2,” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 163 (10), A2299–A2303, 2016.
- D. Panthi, B. Choi, A. Tsutsumi, “Fabrication and Evaluation of a Micro-Tubular Solid Oxide Fuel Cell with an Inert Support Using Scandia-Stabilized Zirconia Electrolyte,” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 162 (14), F1555–F1560, 2015.
- D. Panthi, B. Choi, A. Tsutsumi, “Performance improvement and redox cycling of a micro-tubular solid oxide fuel cell with a porous zirconia support,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40 (33), 10588–10595, 2015.
- B. Choi, D. Panthi, M. Nakoji, T. Kabutomori, K. Tsutsumi, A. Tsutsumi, “Novel hydrogen production and power generation system using metal hydride,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40 (18), 6197–6206, 2015.
- B. Choi, D. Panthi, Y. Kwon, A. Tsutsumi, “Chemical charging on a MnO2 electrode of a fuel cell/battery system in a highly O2-dissolved electrolyte,” Electrochimica Acta, 160, 323–329, 2015.
- D. Panthi, A. Tsutsumi, "Micro-tubular solid oxide fuel cell based on a porous yttria-stabilized zirconia support," Scientific Reports, 4, 5754, 2014.
- D. Panthi, A. Tsutsumi, "A novel multistep dip-coating method for the fabrication of anode-supported microtubular solid oxide fuel cells," Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 18 (7), 1899–1905, 2014.
- D. Panthi, B. Choi, A. Tsutsumi, "Performance enhancement of strontium-doped lanthanum manganite cathode by developing a highly porous microstructure," Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 42 (11), 953–959, 2012.