This is where you want to be!
Attend one of our upcoming events, open to the public. We are always doing cool things on campus and expanding our knowledge.
Apply for the ESDRI Fellows Program, which includes many benefits like networking, research mentorship, and eligibility for research funding. Then, add your involvement to your resumé.
Our Fellows Program is ideal for any undergraduate student who wants to focus on environmental aspects within their degree program. Whether you are an underclassman who is just starting to think about your degree field, or an upperclassman who is ready to begin research, allow ESDRI to support you during your time at Kent State.
Look for research opportunities by contacting faculty or visiting the Office of Student Research.
Check out our partner's website: KSU Center for Ecology and Natural Resource Sustainability to become involved in other local service projects or to find a place to conduct field work.
The Office of Sustainability also emails a newsletter that often contains additional job and community opportunities.
Learn more about our institute's students featured by Kent State University.
There are a variety of student organizations at KSU – some run by our amazing fellows – that may match your personal or academic interests.
Check out the Green Zone: A Sustainability Community, which is an on-campus housing Living-Learning program.
If you are a Kent State University faculty member interested in partnering with the institute, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to view colleges and departments working with the institute.
- Eligible for research funding every year.
- Networking with faculty across all campuses and colleges.
- Opportunities for multidisciplinary, cutting-edge projects and funding.
- Learn about relevant university and community events.
- Ramp up your university service by participating on any of our committees.
Ways to become involved with ESDRI:
- Add KSU Environmental Science and Design Research Institute to your affiliations, websites, publication, and email signatures.
- Guide any of your students to our upcoming events... or attend yourself!
- During proposal preparation in Kuali, check the ESDRI box.
- Mentor ESDRI Fellows and spread the word to prospective students.
- Share your achievements with us for our newsletter by emailing our institute or any staff member.
- Bring a class to conduct fieldwork, or conduct research yourself, at an available site (co-administered by Center for Ecology and Natural Resource Sustainability), spread throughout northeast Ohio.
- Participate in programming, advising, and communication, such as for our annual symposium.
- Provide us with your valuable feedback.
We thank you for selflessly supporting students in their scholarly endeavors!
We are always interested in discussing opportunities for partnering with community members, companies, and governmental agencies.
Particularly, we offer sponsorship opportunities for our annual symposium. As such, your organization's logo will be featured on our Symposia webpage and the yearly symposium's webpage.
Upcoming ESDRI events:
Many of our service events are centered around the Kent State community, and we invite you to join us! No RSVP is needed. Details at bottom of the page.
Are you looking to have a field trip or conduct research on a property?
We have a site that will fit your needs and it is free! ESDRI partners with Center for Ecological and Natural Resource Sustainability (CENRS), who have access to 21 KSU sites... with more to come!
To begin a conversation about a partnership, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.