The Faculty Senate is the faculty governing body for Kent State University.
It is primarily concerned with matters of university educational policies, curriculum, academic and professional standards, and the establishment, discontinuance and major alteration of academic programs. The senate also possesses shared responsibilities and advisory responsibilities. In addition, the Faculty Senate may consider other matters pertaining to the welfare and mission of the university.
The Faculty Senate is located in the Schwartz Center, Room 227, and can be reached at: (P) 330-672-7822, (F) 330-672-7127, Web: www.kent.edu/provost/faculty-senate, Email: email@example.com.
Faculty Senate Membership
- Currently, there are 47 Senators representing 21 different electorates, 28 non-voting Ex-Officio members, and 3 Observers (1 Emeritus Professor, 1 Graduate Student Senate, and 1 Undergraduate Student Senate).
- Senators are elected each year on a rotating basis for three-year terms.
- Each year, the Senators elect the Executive Committee, which consists of a Chair, a Vice Chair, a Secretary, and an At-Large member.
- In addition, 2 appointed members are selected for the Executive Committee.
Generally, the fall and spring meetings are scheduled on the second Monday of each month. All Faculty Senate meetings are held at 3:20 pm in the Governance Chambers of the Student Center. Meetings are currently being conducted in a mixed format with virtual attendance via Microsoft Teams or in person attendance in the Governance Chambers.
AY22-23 Faculty Senate Info
AY22-23 Faculty Senate
Senators for AY22-23 [PDF]
Ex-Officio & Observers for AY22-23 [PDF]
AY22-23 Executive Committee
Tracy Laux, Chair
Darci Kracht, Vice Chair
Edward Dauterich, Secretary
Athena Salaba, At-Large Member
Helen Piontkivska, Appointed Member
Ann Abraham, Appointed Member
- Office Phone Number - 330-672-7822
- Faculty Senate General Mailbox - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2022-2023 Chair, Tracy Laux - email@example.com
- Office Administrator, Tess Kail -