A. The Faculty member must hold a doctorate in psychology. In the case of a new Assistant Professor who is hired prior to completing his/her doctorate, all requirements must be completed by January 15 of the first year at Kent.
B. The Faculty member must demonstrate research productivity in the last five years. Such productivity could include the following:
1. refereed published works (articles, books, chapters, etc.);
2. extramural grant applications;
3. papers presented at professional meetings; and
4. invited colloquia.
C. Continuing Faculty must demonstrate (new Faculty are expected to demonstrate) active involvement in graduate training through the following:
1. teaching in the graduate program on a regular basis;
2. serving regularly on thesis and dissertation committees; and
3. directing theses and dissertations.
D. The Faculty member must have directed and/or co-directed at least one dissertation.