Authorization of Title IV Aid

Your Title IV Federal Aid will automatically pay your current institutional charges (i.e. tuition, fees, room and board). KSU can only use a max of $200 of current award year aid to fund prior award year charges. However, Kent State University, in compliance with federal regulations, must obtain the voluntary permission from students to apply their Federal financial aid proceeds to pay for charges related to prior and current year charges other than tuition, fees, room and board on the student’s account.

How to I provide my Authorization of Title IV?

Your authorization of Title IV is part of your class registration process. If you did not process your own class registration then you can provide your Authorization of Title IV through your FlashLine account. Once in FlashLine select Student/Dashboard/Finances/Financial Aid/Authorization of Title IV Aid.

What types of financial aid does the Authorization of Title IV apply to?

Title IV aid includes Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans, Direct Parent Plus Loans, Direct Graduate Plus Loans, Pell Grant, ACG, SMART Grant, SEOG, and TEACH Grant. It does not pertain to scholarships, university grants, or other aid.

How do I rescind my Authorization of TIV?

You must complete the “Rescind Authorization of TIV” form located on the Financial, Billing and Enrollment Center (FBE Center) website and return it to the FBE Center.