Go to Class A
Your Academic Work is Your Job - Do it Well
- Students who regularly attend class achieve a higher GPA than those who are absent just three times in one class.
- Plan time for study, work and play.
- Get a planner or make a semester class calendar where you can make checklists to get things done. Or use your smartphone to tracke all assignments and exams.
- Attend class prepared to take notes.
- Familiarize yourself with course (and university) attendance policies.
- Familiarize yourself with the course syllabus.
- Access and discuss your midterm grades with your course professors.
- Visit your professor during office hours.
- Students who meet with their professors to review their progress report improved grades.
- Get enough rest.
- Stay caught up with the reading in the assigned textbooks for your courses.
- Set a personal goal to attend every class meeting.