Got 15 A
It Is Never Too Early to Start Career Planning
Once you have made your decision, meet with a career advisor for help with the next steps, which may include:
Boost Your Résumé, It Takes More Than a Good GPA to Shine
- Engage in career conversations with those who support you — talk to your family members about their career paths.
- Explore career options related to your major.
- Join student organizations connected to your interests and develop leadership skills.
- Conduct informational interviews with professionals working in your career of choice.
- Gain volunteer experiences within your community.
- Start thinking about holiday jobs, summer jobs and internships.
- Utilize those experiences to build references and develop transferable skills.
- Create an online professional presence for networking.
- Attend a job fair. Kent State holds fall and spring Job and Internship Fairs to investigate future opportunities.
- Practice interviewing to build confidence.