- At its heart, the Kent State Design Innovation Initiative is collaborative and cross-disciplinary. DI staff are here to help you facilitate challenge-based innovation events or projects such as conferences, hackathons, design challenges, workshops, and other collaborative experiences. If you are interested in partnering with DI to develop interdisciplinary or DI-focused events or projects, please complete our DI HUB Program Request form.
Tours of the DI HUB
- If requested, DI staff and Crew are available to provide tours of the DI HUB to your event or program guests. These tours include an overview of the DI HUB as well as an insider’s view into the building’s multiple maker and collaboration environments.
- DI HUB tours are free for KSU staff and faculty groups, attendees at recruitment-related events and programs, and K-12 school visits.
- Depending on the nature of the event or program, a session fee may be assessed for event-related group tours (maximum 50 attendees).
Design Innovation Workshops
- In addition to providing tours of the DI HUB, DI staff are happy to work with you to implement one of our many experience-based workshops for your event or program guests. These workshops include a DI HUB Orientation, DI Superpowers Activity, and more.
- Depending on the nature of the event or program, a fee may be assessed for KSU-hosted programs and/or for external programs (maximum 30 attendees). Additional fees will be assessed for larger groups, or any materials consumed during the workshop.
Design a Custom Experience
- Beyond our standard DI HUB tours and workshops, you can also work with our staff to develop custom experiences for event or program guests related to design innovation, design thinking, human-centered design, or collaboration.
- Depending on the nature of the event or program, a $250.00/hour fee may be assessed for KSU-hosted programs and $350.00/hour for external programs (maximum 30 attendees). Additional fees will be assessed for larger groups, or any materials consumed during the experience.