DI Hub Membership
Membership to the Design Innovation Hub (DI HUB) gives you access to one of the most advanced makerspaces in the region and the collaborative spirit of the Design Innovation Initiative at Kent State. Membership benefits include:
- The DI HUB’s REACTOR, a large collaborative maker and innovation workspace.
- 12 specialized shops & labs, including our 3D Printing & Laser Cutting Shop, CNC Shop, Textile Shop, Wood Shop, Metal Shop, Industrial/Robotics Shop, WaterJet Shop, Paint/Glue Shop, Print Lab, and immersive reality labs.
- A Resource Library offering a wide selection of tools for use in the REACTOR, as well as a variety of supplies and materials for purchase.
- Dozens of programs and workshops to help you learn a new skill or process.
- Free equipment and project consultation services provided by our dedicated DI Crew staff.
Membership to the DI HUB is open to community members and alumni 18 years old and above, as well as all current KSU (Kent State University) students, staff, and faculty.
Membership Levels and Rates
The following DI HUB membership levels are available to all eligible persons. Current KSU students, staff, and faculty are eligible for a free DI HUB membership at the “DI HUB Collaborator” level.
DI HUB Collaborator
|$10 training fee||$20/month|
Additional membership options are available for business organizations and academic institutions. For more information about setting up a business or academic membership, please contact DI Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming a DI HUB Member
To become a DI HUB member, simply sign-up for one of our free DI HUB Orientation sessions. During this one-hour session you will:
- Select your desired membership level and pay any associated membership fees via credit or debit card. The DI HUB is unable to accept cash or checks.
- Sign the mandatory liability waiver and DI HUB member agreement forms.
- Learn about the Design Innovation Initiative at Kent State and your role as a DI HUB member.
- Take a tour of the DI HUB and learn about all the spaces, equipment, and resources available to you as a member.
- Connect with your fellow DI HUB members so that you can make the most of your membership with DI!
Sign-up for a DI Hub Orientation:
I am a KSU Student, faculty or staff
Membership fees are charged per month and are billed either annually (every 12-months) or semiannually (every 6-months). Membership fees must be paid in person via credit or debit card. The DI HUB is unable to accept cash or checks. Refunds are not available for prematurely canceled or terminated memberships.