The first day of scheduling for Fall 2018 is August 1 at 8:00am.
Student organizations may schedule one major event one semester in advance.
Student organizations must be in good standing with Kent State University, have a zero balance on their organizations bursars account and registered with the Center for Student Involvement.
If your organization is not registered, please visit the Center for Student Involvement.
To schedule a meeting or event on campus please use the Campus Event Space Reservation Form.
- Facilities may not be used for any commercial purpose or for the financial benefit of any one individual.
- Any group or individual sponsoring an event in Kent State University facilities assumes all responsibility connected with the event. Neither the Kent Student Center nor the University assumes responsibility.
- All events are subject to review by the Kent State Univeristy Security Committee and may result in needed security at events, which will incur charges that the student organizations are responsible for.
- The University Events and Conference Services Office reserves the right to assign and/or reassign facilities to assure the most appropriate utilization of University facilities.
- University facilities are reserved in the order in which requests are received, with consideration being given to the size of the group and space availability. All facilities MUST be scheduled through the University Events and Conference Services Office.
- All groups are advised that use of the following items are strictly prohibited in all Kent State University facilities: open flames (e.g., candles, lighters, torches, etc.), combustible vegetation (e.g., hay, straw, evergreen trees, etc.), pyrotechnic device, smoke/fog/haze machines and dry ice. Groups with events that disregard this notification will be subject to immediate shutdown of their event by the University fire marshal and be subject to loss of future scheduling.
- Decorating/Posting: The use of glitter/paint/confetti is strictly prohibited within the Kent Student Center and all other University facilities. In addition, no tape, glue, tacks or nails may be put on the walls, windows, doors or building structures.
- All groups using University facilities are expected to adhere to all University policies, regulations and guidelines and all local, state and federal laws. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in the forfeiture of the privileges of utilizing University facilities.
- Smoking Policy: Under state law, smoking within any public building is prohibited within the State of Ohio. Under University policy, anyone wishing to smoke must be farther than 20 feet away from any University building.
- No suspended signs or banners are permitted in the lobby area hangover the rotunda railing.
Please visit Policies and Procedures for more information.