The simulation of NATO shall be as follows:
- Each participating institution shall represent one or more NATO Member States.
- Each NATO Member State delegation shall consist of a minimum of 5 students and, where possible, be accompanied by a faculty advisor.
- Each delegation shall receive preparatory material, including the Delegation Handbook, pertinent publications on NATO and a preliminary agenda from the sponsors, prior to the conference.
- Delegates are encouraged to supplement the material with individual research and, where possible, classroom instruction, to enhance their preparation.
- On arrival in Washington, DC, each delegation shall be briefed at the Embassy of the country it represents.
- The sponsors shall designate qualified student delegates to preside over the deliberations of each committee.
- The sponsors shall assign participating university/college professors to serve as faculty advisors and resource persons in each committee.
- The Model is a simulation of the deliberations of NATO as they take place at its meetings, through debates, negotiations, etc.
- In addition to its adopted agenda, the Model shall simulate an on-going crisis to be revealed at the Model.