All package/mail deliveries will be directed to mail services for pick up starting April 12 to August 2. Mail services will start regular mail delivery to all offices on August 2.
Offices that will not have an on-campus presence during the summer 2021 term can pick up their office mail, and COVID-related supply orders made via FlashTrack, directly from Mail Services during normal business hours on Monday-Friday between 8-4.
Please note the following exception for items being re-directed to Mail Services for pickup:
- The delivered item(s) requires refrigeration ·
- The delivery contains hazard materials as defined by OSHA “Hazard Communication Standard (HCS)”, see link for HCS pictograms https://www.osha.gov/Publications/HazComm_QuickCard_Pictogram.html
The mission of the Mail Services Department is to receive, prepare and distribute the University's mail and packages with timely, accurate and expedited processes that adhere to the United States Postal Service rules and regulations, serve Kent State's strategic goals, and exceed customers' expectations. These mailing services will be provided utilizing the most cost-effective and efficient methods in handling the distribution of Kent State's written communications.
The who, what, where and how of working with Mail Services:
- Learn about the essential steps and considerations of working with Mail Services
- Explore the different services and options offered by Mail Services
- As a student, learn about sending and receiving letters and packages at Kent State University