What is FlashPac?
A new online shipping service for ground packages weighing 70 pounds or less (not available for overnight mail).
Available to Kent Campus university departments.
Allows departments to compare shipping prices online and select the best rate and delivery method (e.g. USPS, FedEx, UPS).
Consolidates pick-up for ground packages; Mail Services will pick-up packages at your department.
How it Works
Kent Campus departments can access FlashPac from a desktop, tablet or mobile device. An overview of the new service is listed below. For more detailed information, view the User’s Guide.
- Log in to FlashPac at http://flashpack.uis.kent.edu/EMSWebview/login.aspx. You can also click on the FlashPac graphic on this page to log in.
- User Name – It is the same user name as your FlashLine log-in.
- Password – FlashPac
- On the main navigation screen, select the type of shipment (package, carrier envelope, batch of mail). Leave the Date and Weight fields blank.
- Enter shipping address (search database or enter a new address). Be sure to complete the e-mail field and select "shipped" from the event pull-down field.
- Select a carrier or Best Way to comparison shop rates. All rates are an estimate until Mail Services has received and weighed the package.
- When a carrier is selected, enter department index number and pick-up location.
- Hit the Submit button at bottom of the page. This sends the request for pick-up to Mail Services.
- Print the Request to Send form that will come up on the screen, attach it to the package and leave the package for Mail Services to pick up.
- When the package has shipped, Mail Services will notify the department of the exact rate and the tracking number.
- You can import addresses into FlashPac by providing an Excel or CVS file to Mail Services.
- Remember: FlashPac is only available for ground shipments weighing 70 pounds or less.