The KSU One Stop for Student Services is the single point-of-contact for student services related to registration and student records, financial aid, billing and payments, and financial wellness. We look forward to assisting you!
Current Student Checklist
Don’t check out for Summer until you check the following!
As Spring Semester concludes, we actively encourage students to prepare for the 2018-2019 year before leaving for summer break. Below is a suggested checklist….
Check your KSU (kent.edu) email daily. KSU email is the official means of communication.
For Enrollment/Registration/Student Success
- Check to be sure that there are not any outstanding holds preventing registration.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor (if needed, or if you have not already done so for Required Advising.)
- Check Your Time to Register in FlashLine. Fall Semester 2018 registration begins in April. Your registration date is determined by your class standing and credit hours.
For Student Account Information (billing)
- Check your balance. Make sure that there are no outstanding balances on the account.
- Check to be sure that there are no outstanding holds preventing registration and obtaining transcripts.
For Financial Aid
- Complete the2018-2019 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for federal aid eligibility.
- Submit the Enrollment Plan on FlashLine for the Summer 2018, Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters.
- Be in good standing for Academic Progress. (For more info visit https://www.kent.edu/financialaid/SAP)
- Complete all outstanding financial aid requirements listed in FlashLine.
- Continuing students will begin receiving their award notifications after March 30, 2018 when all above outstanding items are completed or resolved. Once awarded, students will need to complete both items below via FlashLine:
- Acknowledge the Terms and Conditions
- Accept your financial aid awards
- *If you will be attending Summer Semester 2018 and intend to use financial aid, visit the following website for more information https://www.kent.edu/financialaid/summer
For Parent/Advocate Access to Student Information
If a parent, significant other or another advocate will be assisting you with your educational journey you may consider the following. For step-by-step instructions on how to grant authorizations, visit the One Stop website www.kent.edu/onestop under the Guides & Resources Section.
- Complete the FERPA Authorization in FlashLine
- The FERPA Authorization allows One Stop Staff to speak with a Parent/Guardian/Advocate regarding your account.
- Grant Authorized User access for the bill in FlashLine
- The Authorized User designation allows a Parent/Guardian/Advocate access to view your bill/account and receive billing emails. (More than one Authorized User can be set up for a student at a time.) Students can grant authorized designee status via Flashline or at https://firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grant KSUview access to Student FlashLine Information
- KSUview provides a way for you to identify a person as a designee and grant permission for a designee to view selected student information. You are able to modify the permissions, set date ranges that the permissions are active and view a log the most recent activity.
Have Questions? Contact the One Stop!
Hours of Operation: 9a.m.-5p.m. Mon. - Fri.*
University Library, Kent Campus
*The One Stop does offer special/extended hours during peak periods, which can be found on the website when applicable.