What is the Academic Engagement Verification Roster?
In compliance with federal regulations, Kent State University is required to determine whether students have participated in their classes. The Academic Engagement Verification Roster (AEVR) lists all students who were enrolled for this course on or after the course start date.
This population includes students who dropped or withdrew from this course. All students on the roster must be updated regardless of their registration status. The AEVR will be used to ensure that Title IV aid is properly disbursed to Kent State students. This roster does not require attendance be taken in KSU courses but does require the primary instructor to verify that students have engaged at least once in the course.
What is considered academic engagement?
Academic engagement is determined by a student's engagement in at least one academically related activity. The following are some examples of acceptable academically related activities:
- Attending a synchronous class, lecture, recitation, or field or laboratory activity, physically or online, where there is an opportunity for interaction between the instructor and students
- Submitting an academic assignment
- Completing an interactive tutorial, webinar, or other interactive computer-assisted instruction
- Interacting with an instructor about academic matters
- Participating in a study group, group project, or an online discussion that is assigned by the institution
- Taking an assessment or an exam
- Participating in any other instructional activity related to a student's course of study
How can I report academic engagement?
From within the primary instructor's FlashLine, the AEVR can be found in the Grading Resources section of the Faculty Dashboard. The AEV can also be found in FlashFAST on the Faculty Menu.
For more information relating to understanding and updating the AEVR, please refer to the Academic Engagement Verification Roster page.