As spring semester concludes, we actively encourage students to prepare for the next academic year before leaving for summer break. Below is a suggested checklist…
Check your KSU (kent.edu) email daily. KSU email is the official means of communication.
Meet with your academic advisor to prepare for “Your Time to Register” for summer/fall classes.
Check your balance in FlashLine. Make sure that there are no outstanding balances on your account.
Check for Holds in FlashLine. Make sure that there are no holds preventing registration and obtaining transcripts.
Update your Enrollment Plan for Financial Aid in FlashLine
Attending summer semester?
- Visit the Summer Financial Aid page for additional information. Attending Summer can impact your financial aid award distribution for the Summer, Fall and Spring Semesters. The One Stop can help you estimate your cost versus aid for the academic year.
- Attending full-time for the summer semester and have a KSU scholarship? Please contact the One Stop. You may qualify to submit a scholarship appeal for the summer semester.
How to view an account balance or hold?
To check your account for any outstanding balances or holds on your account, please follow the instructions below:
- Log into FlashLine
- Go to Student > Tuition and Payments
- To view outstanding account balances select My Student Account Detail
- To view outstanding holds preventing registration / obtaining transcripts select View Holds
Important Financial Aid Information
- Complete your 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The 2019-2020 FAFSA application became available on October 1st, 2018.
- Complete all outstanding financial aid requirements listed in FlashLine.
- Be in good standing for Academic Progress. For more info visit the Sataisfactory Academic Progress page.
- Complete Enrollment Plans for Financial Aid.
- Please be sure to accept your financial aid awards in FlashLine.
Important Information for Parents/Advocates
If a parent, significant other or another advocate will be assisting you with your educational journey, you may consider the options listed below. For step-by-step instruction on how to grant authorizations, visit the One Stop website www.kent.edu/onestop under the Guides & Resources section.
- Complete the FERPA Authorization via FlashLine.
- Grant Authorization User access for the bill via FlashLine. Student can grant authorized designee status via FlashLine or at https://payonline.kent.edu/
- Grant KSUview access to view Student FlashLine Information via FlashLine.
Important Dates Summer/Fall 2019
Feb. 18 – Jun. 18: (Date determined by “Your Time to Register”)
April 26, 2019: Summer 2019 e-bills available
May 15, 2019: Payment Due Date for summer registration*
May 17, 2019: 1st Cancellation for Summer Classes (balance $500 or more)*
June 10, 2019: 2nd Payment Due Date & Cancellation for summer registration (balance $500 or more)*
July 8, 2019: 3rd Payment Due Date for Summer Classes ($100 late fee for balances of $300 or more)*
*The Payment Due Date is determined by registration date. There are multiple due dates for Summer Semester. View your Summer Invoice to determine your specific due date or visit https://www.kent.edu/bursar/summer-due-dates
May 27, 2019: Memorial Day Observed – No Classes, Offices Closed
June 14, 2019: Application Deadline for Summer 2019 August Graduation
July 4, 2019: Independence Day Observed – No Classes, Offices Closed
Mar. 11 – Apr. 21: Your Time to Register using FlashFAST
Apr. 22 – Aug. 28: Open Registration using FlashFAST
July 16, 2019: Fall 2019 e-bills available
August 2, 2019: Payment Due Date for Fall registration
August 8, 2019: Cancellation for Fall Classes (Fall balance $750 or more)
March 15, 2019: Application Deadline for Fall 2019 December Graduation
September 2, 2019: Labor Day Observed – No Classes, Offices Closed
September 15, 2019: Application Deadline for Spring 2020 May Graduation
October 10-11, 2019: Fall Break
November 11, 2019: Veteran’s Day Observed – No Classes, Offices Closed
Nov. 27- Dec. 1: Thanksgiving Recess
December 15, 2019: Application Deadline for Summer 2020 August Graduation