Through proper financial wellness, students can learn how to make sound financial decisions in college and beyond!
Kent State University is committed to providing students and families with comprehensive and personalized information on financial wellness. Kent State University is dedicated to the highest levels of ethical behavior and refrains from conflict of interest or the perception thereof. The One Stop for Student Services provides financial wellness information as an educational service only. We do not provide lending, investment, legal or tax advice. The information provided is for general educational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for the advice of your lending, investment, legal and/or tax advisors or to be the basis of specific trading or investment activities. In addition, Kent State University does not endorse and/or recommend any private lending institutions and/or products. To avoid any perceived or actual conflict of interest, the following Code of Conduct has been adopted and can be reviewed here.
The President's Advisory Council on Financial Literacy defines financial literacy as "the ability to use knowledge and skills to manage financial resources effectively for a lifetime of financial well-being." Financial wellness is about much more than being able to balance your checkbook, compare prices, or get a job. It is about gaining the knowledge and skills necessary to manage and make sound financial decisions in your everyday life.
Our goal is to provide our students with access to financial wellness resources that will foster the transmission of financial knowledge and skills, resulting in financially independent and confident students. To achieve this goal, Kent State University has partnered with CashCourse. CashCourse provides financial education resources to students. It's online, it's free, and it’s noncommercial. CashCourse is the only nonprofit foundation dedicated to improving the well-being of all Americans.
CashCourse can help you:
- Develop a budget and money management skills
- Deal with your debit and credit cards
- Spend wisely
- Pay for college
- Survive in a tough economy
- Prepare for success after graduation
- Protect your credit
- Manage your financial aid
Request a Workshop
The One Stop for Student Services is happy to offer presentations on a diverse set of topics about financial wellness. Please see below for a list of topics and their contents.
- Avoid the Move Home - When you want to avoid your parents as roommates! This interactive workshop explores budgeting, scholarship search do's and don'ts, and managing Financial Aid Refunds.
- Budgeting in College - Get a head start on life! This interactive workshop explains how to build a budget, make spending decisions, and ways to avoid spending triggers.
- Good Credit: Get It, Keep It - This workshop is a fun introduction to credit scores and building good credit.
If you are interested in having a One Stop representative come to your class to talk about one of these topics, please contact (330) 672-6000 or OneStopLeadership@kent.edu
One Stop for Student Services
First Floor, University Library
Phone: (330) 672-6000
Fax: (330) 672-6001