Kent State University uses Proctorio as our automated response test proctoring service.
what is proctorio?
Proctorio is a remote proctoring service software that works within a web browser to monitor test takers for suspicious behaviors.
need help setting up exams and profiles?
Proctorio can be added seamlessly to your courses as they exist today, and no changes to any course content are required. For additional step-by-step instructions, please choose from the options below:
- Blackboard-native exams: setting up an exam hosted in Blackboard
- Pearson My Lab and Mastering-hosted exams: Once the Blackboard section has been linked to the Pearson My Lab and Mastering section from within Blackboard: setting up an Pearson My Lab and Mastering-hosted exam
- Watch a tutorial on linking your Blackboard Course with Pearson My Lab & Mastering
- Other third-party platforms (coming soon!)
- Setting up an Exam Settings Profile
NEED to add proctored testing to your syllabus?
If you need to add information about Proctored Testing and Proctorio to your syllabus, please feel free to use the syllabus statement below:
Exams are required to be proctored via the internet-based proctoring service, Proctorio. You must have a webcam and microphone (internal or external) to take each exam. In addition, you must use Google Chrome to take the exam, install the Proctorio Chrome browser extension (at getproctorio.com), and show an official photo identification (ID). You can use either a valid driver's license, passport, or school ID. For more information on how to use Proctorio and for help and support, please visit https://www.kent.edu/onlinelearning/proctoring.
Resources for Your Students
Help your students get started with Proctorio.
NEED ADDITIONAL PROCTORIO SUPPORT?
For assistance with Proctorio, proctored support in your specific area, and information on physical testing locations, please visit the Proctored Testing Support page.