Kent State University uses Proctorio as our automated remote test proctoring service.
what is Proctorio?
Proctorio is a remote proctoring service software that works within the Chrome web browser to monitor test takers for suspicious behaviors.
need help setting up exams and profiles?
Proctorio can be added seamlessly to your courses as they exist today, and no changes to any course content are required. For additional step-by-step instructions, please choose from the options below:
- Proctorio System Requirements
- Blackboard-native exams: setting up an exam hosted in Blackboard
- Pearson-hosted exams will utilize the Verify Login feature of Proctorio.
- Cengage WebAssign-hosted exams: Enable Proctorio Exam Proctoring for Blackboard Classic-Integrated WebAssign
- Setting up an Exam Settings Profile
- Proctorio Academy: Faculty new to Proctorio are automatically enrolled in a training course after adding Proctorio to their first course. If the automated invitation is not received, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
Please note: After copying content to a course, assessments with Proctorio enabled MUST have settings 're-engaged' by selecting "edit the test options" and waiting for Proctorio to display a "Success! Proctorio successfully copied your previous settings to the new exam" message.
NEED to add proctored testing to your syllabus?
If you need to add information about Proctored Testing and Proctorio to your syllabus, please feel free to use the syllabus statement below:
Exams are required to be proctored via the internet-based proctoring service, Proctorio. You must have a webcam and microphone (internal or external) to take each exam. In addition, you must use Google Chrome to take the exam, install the Proctorio Chrome browser extension (at getproctorio.com), and show an official photo identification (ID). You can use either a valid driver's license, passport, or school ID. For more information on how to use Proctorio and for help and support, please visit https://www.kent.edu/onlinelearning/proctoring.
Need resources for Your Students?
Help your students get started with Proctorio. Reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
NEED ADDITIONAL PROCTORIO SUPPORT?
For assistance with Proctorio, proctored support in your specific area, and information on physical testing locations, please visit the Proctored Testing Support page.